Saturday, June 16, 2012

AUDIO-Michael & Christine at Longwood BOE Meeting- Autism

1# AUDIO-Michael & Christine at Longwood BOE Meeting- Autism.

VDO of AUDIO-Michael & Christine at Longwood BOE Meeting- Autism

After we have a tendency to got the information concerning Occupational Therapy Colleges ago VDO, we will cross-check the AUDIO-Michael & Christine at Longwood BOE Meeting- Autism. I urge everybody to use judgment within the audience. A recent survey found that I even have bump into AUDIO-Michael & Christine at Longwood BOE Meeting- Autism. I saw that it had been necessary for them to be revealed. If any errors. I apologize. If you do not need to publish VDO. i am happy to be here. Thanks for an excellent VDO. AUDIO-Michael & Christine at Longwood BOE Meeting- Autism Tube. Duration : 4.15 Mins.

Michael, a 6th grader with autism speaks at the Longwood Board of Education meeting on March 24, 2011 about school budget cuts. There is only audio- as the iPhone was pointed at our feet for most of it. :) Also, Michael got a standing ovation from the crowd of about 200-300 people. It was a beautiful moment- so proud of Michael! The speech: CHRISTINE: Thank you for letting me speak tonight. My name is Christine Heeren and I live in Middle Island. I have one child, Michael who is 11 years old. At 2.5 he was dx with mild to moderate autism. At 5 years old, when he entered Ridge Elementary, Michael couldn't sit down at a table and do ABA therapy. He couldn't follow most directions and could say about 20 words- yes, no, up, down, etc. To be honest, for years he was considered among the lowest functioning kids in his class. From kindergarden to 2nd grade Michael was in a contained class with 6 kids and 6 adults. In addition he was provided speech therapy, occupational therapy and a psychologist. Why did the Longwood School District spend all that time and money trying to help Michael? My guess is because they knew the earlier children with autism get services, the better. And sometimes, when you invest in a young child, as they get older- they need LESS services. And maybe, one day even graduate, go to college and be productive members of society. Isn't that what we wish for every child- autism or not? If you had asked me 5 years ago "is your son going to college one day?" I ...
View Related articles related to Occupational Therapy Colleges. I Roll below. I even have recommended my friends to help share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share AUDIO-Michael & Christine at Longwood BOE Meeting- Autism.
We'll get this from me. I am pleased to present the information.


No comments:

Post a Comment